Friday, July 20, 2007

Summer Vacation

We spent a few days at Grandma and Grandpa DeWeese's house. This gave us an opportunity to go down to the creek to relax, canoe, fish, and swim. Gunnar caught his first fish at this part of the stream with his Sponge Bob fishing pole, which I must say was not the littlest fish that I have ever seen, considering that I am almost 30 years old and have never caught a fish. Let me just say that it was exciting and I was so proud that he caught it all by himself. After our many hours spent down at the place on the creek named "Mother's Day", by the DeWeese family, Josh and Wylie took and four-wheeler ride to the lane where Papaw and the kids go to throw rocks in the creek. Wylie also caught her first fist with the Disney princess fishing pole. Not at big as Gunnar's fish, it fit nicely in Josh's hand, although she too caught it all by herself. I wish that I had pictures of these two firsts, but I don't. I did not bring my camera on this trip (of course, I found it when I got back) and papaw's camera ran out of batteries when the Gunnar caught his fish. What can you do??? Here are some pictures taken by Josh's dad from he creek expedition.


As I unfortunately said before, I am almost 30 years old and this was my first canoe trip. Josh and I paddled down the creek and he said that I did very well. Balance is the key you know!

Gunnar was starting to get the hang of casting out. I was not to sure about the live worms. Grandma had to help me out with putting the worms on the hook. (I can't handle the way the worms move from the sharp poke of the hook...who can blame them? Really?)

Although this looks like Gunnar is caught in a tree branch, he isn't. He and Wylie ended up doing really well on their casting out.

Wylie's pole is not doing to well in this picture. I really published this picture because I thought is was pretty good.

This may be the reason why Wylie gets whats she wants most of the time. It's a pitiful site. Josh especially can't hardly stand it.




No comments: