Saturday, December 1, 2007

Another Yellow Tip to the White Belt...Next Stop Yellow Belt!

Gunnar had his test to move up in belts last night, unfortunately I did not take very good pictures, but I will post a few anyway. He did a great job! At the end he got to break a board. I attempted to get a picture of this and it did not turn out.
The name of the studio is Christian Karate Academy, so before they begin their test there is a prayer.
Here is Gunnar doing a what I think is a front punch. They kids are in another room, but parents and family members can watch behind glass. That is what the glare is from, I forgot to turn off my flash.
Toward the end the kids get to do a little sparing before they go up to break the board. After the testing was over Gunnar decided he wanted to spend is $2 that he received from the Tooth Fairy on a smoothie from Sonic. Gunnar had a tooth growing in behind his two bottom front teeth, which were already loose, so the dentist went ahead and pulled both of them. Gunnar thought that the tooth fairy was pretty sneaky, since she manage to fit two dollars bills into the tiny treasure chest he had put his teeth in under his pillow.

No comments: