Saturday, January 12, 2008

Masters!


Josh and I received out Masters Degree in Educational Leadership on December 14th. What this means is that if we take a certification test and pass, we could be principals. I know that when we started this together that I was not interested in being a principal, I was for the masters degree that would move me over on the salary column. As far as Josh is concerned, we will have to see...I think he likes where he is at right now with his teaching and coaching, even though he is the son and grandson of principals. We had the cap and gown just in case we decided to walk, but it sure is hard to find a high school kid to babysit on a Friday night when their is a basketball game in town! That evening the kids and I went grocery shopping in Independence and Josh went to the basketball game. Not a very exciting was to celebrate, but we sure are happy we did it and that it is over with.

1 comment:

Lil' This...Lil' That... said...

A VERY BELATED CONGRATS! Good for the two of you! WOW! Yet another thing I did not know! I have just now started my Master's after quiting 10 years of teaching Music. I am going to have a Technology Education Masters with a Library Media Cert. and "maybe" the facilitator part of things... haven't quite made my mind up on that part for sure! Anyways, CONGRATS!!!!