Friday, June 20, 2008

Great Father's Day Weekend

Last Friday we went to Papaw Tony and Grandma Cindy's and had a good visit. We went out to eat Friday evening and stayed the night. Then after lunch we headed over to El Derado to celebrate cousin Jillian's 7th Birthday. We went over to the 4-H building where the Budweiser Clydesdale's were being kept. We got to see behind the scenes since Dustin is the marketing manager for Budweiser in Bulter County. Now I have to say that I did not bring my camera at all this weekend, because I couldn't find it, although I did find it probably an hour after we got back home on Sunday, of coarse. Uncle James came through for me once again and sent me some good pictures. Thanks James!


We got to get our picture taken with a Clydesdale...there is a worker standing to the right that I trimmed out who is supervising. I didn't think he would want his picture on the Internet.
Gunnar and Wylie must have liked the Clydesdale's, because this is the first time in a long time that the kids, especially Gunnar, pose in a picture together.

This picture was taken after the parade. Dusting gave us a ride in the golf cart down to a parking lot where the drivers practiced with the horses.

Here is a picture of the Birthday girl posing with her Grandma and the Clydesdale.

This is Bud. Not only does he get to ride in the parade, but he hangs out around all of the people. I have to admit, Josh and I discussed taking Bud home with us, but we thought Dustin might get mad. HA! HA!

On Sunday the adults dragged ourselves out of bed and headed toward the Wichita Zoo, which it turned out to be perfect weather. Then we mustered up the energy to eat and play at Chuckie Cheese's. Man were we tired by the time we got back home! We had a great time! Thanks Randi, Dustin, Dakota, and Jillian.


1 comment:

The Ski's said...

That was one busy weekend!!! WOW! I am tired just reading about it! Glad you all are well adn enjoying your summer. The pics of the horses are amazing! I have to show Ellie when she gets up from her nap....she loves horses! She won't believe those! Take care....and love catching up with you all through your blog!