Sunday, August 5, 2007

Trip to the Wichita Zoo

We met my Dad at the zoo this weekend and had a great time. I knew that we had better get together with them before school starts up again. I can't believe that in 8 days work starts up again. It's been a great summer and should be an interesting and busy year. This 1st semester should be challenging! I have all knew math textbooks, new 7 period schedule, two classes for masters degree along with practicum project and log hours, plus I have decided to start coaching again. I am going to be the head junior high volleyball coach his year and I am looking forward to it. Coaching makes you a little more active, more involved with the students, and not to mention the paycheck is nice. I kind of figured that once the kids were a little older I would get back into it and the opportunity turned out to be the right one. I will be sure and post my teams progress. Anyway, here are some pictures from the zoo trip.

Here is a good picture of my dad with Josh, Wylie, and Gunnar enjoying a snow cone on what was probably the hottest day of the year.


You don't get to see a lion up close often. This lion was laying right next to the glass. He would set up every once in awhile so we could get a really good look at him.

We had quite crew at the zoo. From left to right Jesse (my brother), Jeff (my youngest brother), Tim (my sister's friend), Abbie (my sister's friend), Jake (my sister's boy friend), Chris (my sister), and Josh with Wylie on his shoulders. Not the mention myself, my dad, Gunnar, and Cindy were also at the zoo. I must say that the kids did a wonderful job walking around the zoo. Man...they were sure tired when they got back into the car.

I thought that this was a good picture of Gunnar with this Uncle Jeff and Jesse. I can hardly believe how much they have grown. Josh and I had our first date 12 years ago at the zoo. We took all three of my siblings. Jeff would have been 2 years old. I remember Jeff on top of Josh's shoulders drinking a Mountain Dew so fast that it was dripping onto Josh's head. Josh said that he didn't care, he knew that Jeff was thirsty.

No comments: