Saturday, September 1, 2007

Three Decades!

Well, I turned 30 years old last week, which it seems like yesterday that I was in elementary school wondering what I was going to be when I go up. I have to say… I couldn’t have asked for anything more than what I have now. When I look back at my youth as a struggling student with divorced parents, I am very thankful that my dad’s level-head has been passed on to me. I have always thought of myself as an optimistic person who looks at every experience (good or bad) as an opportunity to learn. One of my students (who’s life story so far is not so perfect either) told me, “You have the perfect life Mrs. DeWeese, with your kids (boy then girl), nice house, nice cars, an education, and a good job”, the response I had for her was, “I have to admit, I’m blessed, plus I have made good choices in my life.” I explained to her that bad things happen to a lot of people and you can either do bad things because of it, or learn from it. So, as far as me turning 30, it’s kind of a bummer that another decade has passed me by, but as far as where I am at this point in my life, it’s amazing and rewarding.

No comments: