Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I thought I would share some pictures from Christmas that we spent Joplin, MO with Josh's parents and brother. We will also make a stop at my Mother's in western Kansas and my Dad's here in the next couple of days. Hopefully, I will get some good picture when I visit that I can share.
So to start off, I decided to make sugar cookies from scratch this year with the kids. I thought it would be something fun for them to do, to eat, and to give to Santa Clause. This is my first time ever making sugar cookies by the way, I even had to buy cookie cutters. Overall I thought they turned out well and even tasted pretty good. Now I do have to admit that Wylie helped me roll out the dough, Gunnar and Wylie both cut out some cookies with the cutters, but as far as frosting them...Wylie frosted one cookie and proceeded to eat it and Gunnar came into the kitchen saw a frosted cookie and also proceeded to eat it as well. Therefore, I was left to frost the cookies on my own. Funny, I thought the kids would enjoy frosting the cookies the most.



Sugar Cookies before...

Sugar Cookies After!

There were a couple of web site that would track Santa. We all had a good time watching for a awhile. We even got out a world map so that we could tell exactly where Santa was and how far he was from Joplin. Gunnar and Wylie both got pretty silly while they were watching Santa's every move, so you will see a few pictures below of their silliness.

A nuggie from brother!

The kids ended the evening as usual with letters to Santa. Gunnar asked for a D-Rex and Wylie wrote that she had changed her mind that she also wanted a Littlest Pet Shop VIP with her Easy Bake Oven.

I have to admit Gunnar's D-Rex is pretty cool!

And Santa happened to have a special bag to reach into, so that he could give Wylie her last minute change for her Littlest Pet Shop VIP.

One of the big presents from Mamaw and Papaw this year was the Green Machine. Both Gunnar and Wylie had a blast driving it in the parking lot next to the house. After only a couple of turns Gunnar was making it go as fast as he could then hitting the breaks and making a sharp turn as the same time, which would make him whip around fast.

I was pleased to see that Wylie really didn't have much trouble making it go. The steering will take a little practice, but for the most part she did a good job.

Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas! We sure feel like we are very blessed! I hope all my friends and family had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

The Ski's said...

Merry Christmas to you all!!!! Glad to see Santa was good to you all! Wish we were closer to spend some time together during the holidays....but glad that you all had a special time together! Take care!